Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Al Franken isn't all bad

As I write this, Al Franken is a few blocks away from me campaigning for Patty Wetterling. I won't be voting for Patty, nor will I be voting for Al in '08, but I do have to give Al his props for one thing. Last Christmas I was sitting at Anaconda waiting for a flight out of Iraq, and Al showed up with a few country acts, some cheerleaders, and Traylor Howard, the girl from "Monk". He was apolitical and funny, and in spite of not being able to stand his politics, I did laugh my ass off. Of course, I had spent the last year in Iraq and I was probably pretty easily entertained .... Nonetheless, he was there, in Iraq, on Christmas. For that, Al, I thank You.

Now if he would just shut up and go back to being funny.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?