Monday, October 16, 2006

 

You have got to be kidding me

Does the Strib have no shame? Just a couple days after they ran a banner headline leaping for joy because the most biased poll on the planet, their own Minnesota poll, showed Hatch in front by 9(?!)for the Governor's race, they trumpet Patty Wetterling leading Michelle Bachman in the MN 6th district, which Wetterling lost by 8 point in 2004. I live 1 block from the 6th district, so I will not be able to vote for Michelle Bachman, but I can tell you my wife and I both wish we could. Jim Ramstad will win handily without our help, but we will vote for him anyway! But anyway, seriously, there is no way in hell that Wetterling is ahead, much less by 8 friggin' points! How they continue to claim that they are not actively trying to influence the election with this horribly distorted poll is beyond me. I believe with all my heart in a free press, but I also believe in consequences for this kind of fraud. All I can do is never pay a dime for that rag, and try to call them to task in front of the 8 people reading this Blog.

*****UPDATE****** This from SCSU Scholars helps to explain a lot.

Comments:
Look at ALL the polls. While I don't believe that Wetterling leads by 8 points either, the two most recent previous polls showed her gaining on Bachmann and even taking a slight lead.
 
Agreed, the race is likely within the margin of error right now, but 8 points?! No way, they just don't swing that wildly that fast.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?